Have you always wanted to try working with oils, but feel daunted? Then try my fun 3-day intensive workshop Get to Grips with Oils that takes place on 6th - 8th September 2023. It will teach you everything you need to know about using these slippery but extremely satisfying paints!
About the course
With clear instruction, demonstrations and practical exercises, you will gain:
- An understanding of how 'Oil' behaves differently than other types of paint and how to control it
- A range of oil painting techniques, including; staining, glazing, impasto, and sfumato (fine blending)
- The confidence you need to get started with this rich and rewarding medium and the knowledge to approach it fearlessly!
NB: Suitable for most abilities, although SOME PAINTING EXPERIENCE is required for this workshop. As a minimum you should have an understanding of basic colour mixing and paint application. ALSO... please note that we will be using low odour solvents and other solvent based materials during this workshop, if you have any health concerns or are unsure about anything please contact us for a chat before booking!
Arrive at 9.45am for coffee and chat
- Welcome and housekeeping
- Some short sketches/studies outside (ON DAY 1 - weather permitting)
- A mixture of demonstration and practice / exercises
Break for lunch around 1pm
- A light lunch is provided or bring your own if you prefer
- Tea and coffee available through out the day
- A mixture of demonstrations and practice / exercises
- Final group discussion
Pack up around 4.45 - 5.00pm
All materials and equipment are provided but if you have your own items you would particularly like to use, or a personal sketchbook / notebook, then feel free to bring them with you.
Wednesday 6th September - Friday 8th September 2023
10am - 5pm (Lunch 30-40 mins starting at around 1pm)
Max places = 8
£375 per person
Painting workshops take place with me in my spacious and well equipped studio on the Pembrokeshire coast. SJB Fine Art Studio is located just off the main road between Newgale Beach, and the village of Solva.
All materials and equipment are provided, so all you need to do is turn up with a willingness to learn and have fun!
Complimentary refreshments are available throughout each session.
If you have any questions or special requirements please get in touch.
All class details and information will be sent via email after booking.