Do you want to gain a fearless approach and practical understanding to simplify your use of colour and transform your landscape paintings? Then come along and join my ‘Colour Confidence’ 2-day workshop on 30th September – 1st October!
What to expect:
Clear instruction with demos, along with practical exercises and learning through playful experimentation using acrylic paint. This is a fun 2 day workshop to help you inject colour into your landscapes.
You will learn:
- Accurate colour mixing skills so you can always get the colour you want.
- How different colour pigments behave, their intrinsic tonal values, and how to use them to maximum impact.
- My simple colour system and how to use it to enhance your painting without getting bogged down in theory.
- An understanding of warm and cool colours, how to identify them and how to use them liven up your paintings.
- How to retain the clarity of colours and avoid making them muddy.
NB: Suitable for all abilities although SOME painting experience is advisable for this workshop. If you are unsure about this please contact us to arrange a chat!
Colour Confidence workshop takes place in my spacious and well equipped studio in the heart of the stunning Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. All materials and equipment are provided and included in the cost so all you need to do is turn up with a willingness to learn and have fun! A complimentary light lunch and refreshments are available throughout each day.
SJB Fine Art Studio is located just a mile or so from Newgale Beach, close to the popular village of Solva and Britain’s smallest city of St. Davids with its historic buildings and stunning scenery. There is plenty of local accommodation to suit every taste and budget.
Here’s the full list of workshops for 2022:
Spaces can fill up quickly, so remember to book your dates in good time!