4 day masterclass with Sarah Jane Brown
Take your painting up a few notches! This fun and intensive 4 day masterclass will help you make paintings you’re proud of.
Masterclass: Painting Booster
Duration: 4 day masterclass
Dates: Thursday 21st – Sunday 24th October
Time: 10am – 4.30pm (lunch 30mins starting at around 1pm)
No of available places: 10
Cost: £395 per person
What to expect
This is a fun and intensive 4 day masterclass to drastically improve your painting! With clear instruction, demonstrations, practical exercises and feedback. We will cover a range of painting concepts, tips and techniques to strengthen your work and help you make paintings you’re proud of.
What you’ll learn
- Conquering colour: choose, mix, and use the colour combinations you need, to enliven your work and avoid making dull ‘mud’
- Structure strategies: give your paintings solid foundations so that they grab attention across a room
- Develop an artist’s mindset: an approach that prevents frustration and enhances your whole painting experience
- Loosen up: how to loosen up (or tighten up!) your painting, and when
- Find your style: how to develop your own unique visual language
- Know when to stop: tricks to help you evaluate your own work BEFORE you overwork it
- Finishing touches: how to achieve rich and rewarding results, with tips on framing and presentation
- 1-2-1 individual mentoring session: clear and specific guidance to help you continue improving your painting practice at home, and/or art business advice
NB: Moderate painting experience is required for this masterclass! If you are unsure whether it’s suitable for you, please contact us for an informal chat about it first.
Arrive at 9.45am for 10.00am start
Meet ‘n’ greet
- Welcome & housekeeping
- A mixture of demonstrations and practise/exercises
Break for lunch
A light lunch is provided or bring you own if you prefer
Tea and coffee is available throughout the day
- Demonstration and longer practise/exercises
- Mentoring sessions
- Group discussion
- Pack up
All materials and equipment are provided but if you have your own items you would particularly like to use, or a personal sketchbook/notebook, then feel free to bring them with you.
Painting masterclasses in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
Come and enjoy a painting masterclass with me in my spacious and well equipped studio in the heart of the stunning Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. All materials and equipment are provided so all you need to do is turn up with a willingness to learn and have fun!
A complimentary light lunch is provided and refreshments are available throughout each day.
SJB Fine Art Studio is located just a mile from Newgale Beach, close to the popular village of Solva and Britain’s smallest city of St. Davids with its historic buildings and stunning scenery. There is plenty of local accommodation to suit every taste and budget.
If you have any questions or special requirements please get in touch.
All workshop details and information will be sent via email after booking.
Hear what previous students have to say…
“I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and I got so much from the workshop. The space and whole environment was awe inspiring. Sarah was such a patient and encouraging teacher; Thank you Sarah Jane.”
“The space we worked in was open, and light, and well thought out. The pace of the instruction was well pitched, informative and informal. Really interesting to take apart how to build up layers on depth, thank you so much Sarah.”
“Sarah has a fabulous setup; I felt safe and everyone had a great workspace with very well prepared areas. The tuition was clear and easy to understand.”