Book a Masterclass: Painting Booster 13th-16th October
Take your painting up a few notches in my 4-day Masterclass on 13th-16th October!
This is a fun and intensive 4 day Masterclass to drastically improve your painting! With clear instruction, demonstrations, practical exercises and feedback. We will cover a range of painting concepts, tips and techniques to strengthen your work and help you make paintings you’re proud of.
Masterclass: Painting Booster
Tutor: Sarah Jane Brown
Duration: 4-day workshop
Date: Thursday 13th – Sunday 16th October 2022
Time: 10 am – 5 pm (Lunch 30- 40 mins starting at around 1 pm)
Max places: 10
Cost: £395 per person
You will learn:
- Conquering colour! Choose, mix, and use the colour combinations you need, to enliven your work and avoid making dull ‘mud’!
- Structure strategies! Give your paintings solid foundations so that they grab attention across a room!
- Develop an artist’s mindset: an approach that prevents frustration and enhances your whole painting experience.
- How to loosen up (or tighten up!) your painting, and when!
- Find your style. How to develop your own unique visual language.
- Know when to stop! Tricks to help you evaluate your own work BEFORE you overwork it.
- Finishing touches to achieve rich and rewarding results. Plus, tips on framing and presentation.
- 1-to-1 individual mentoring session. Clear and specific guidance to help you continue improving your painting practice at home, and/or art business advice.
NB: Moderate painting experience is required for this workshop! – If you are unsure whether it’s suitable for you, please contact us for an informal chat about it first.
Arrive at 9.45 a.m. for coffee and chat
10.00 am start
Welcome & Housekeeping
A mixture of demonstrations and practise/exercises
Break for lunch:
A light lunch is provided or bring your own if you prefer.
(Tea and coffee is available throughout the day)
Demonstration and longer practise/exercises
All materials and equipment are provided but if you have your own items you would particularly like to use, or a personal sketchbook, then feel free to bring them with you.
Painting Booster Masterclass takes place in my spacious and well equipped studio in the heart of the stunning Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. All materials and equipment are provided and included in the cost so all you need to do is turn up with a willingness to learn and have fun! A complimentary light lunch and refreshments are available throughout each day.
SJB Fine Art Studio is located just a mile or so from Newgale Beach, close to the popular village of Solva and Britain’s smallest city of St. Davids with its historic buildings and stunning scenery. There is plenty of local accommodation to suit every taste and budget.
My 2023 programme of workshops and classes will be published soon. Please sign up to my newsletter to receive the new dates:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Do you want to gain a fearless approach and practical understanding to simplify your use of colour and transform your landscape paintings? Then come...
The second course of Weekly Evening Classes starts towards the end of September. It's a 6-week painting course and you can look forward to a relaxed...